The CCD continues to bring BU students access to state-of-the-art digital tools for building relevant experience and organizing successful job and internship searches, no matter where you are. In the last month, two new tools have been introduced to address some of the most common career-related challenges: gaining internship experience during a pandemic (Parker Dewey) and conducting an effective job search (CareerShift).
CareerShift is a job posting aggregator, company directory, and job search management system all in one. With CareerShift, you can:
- Search and store jobs from major job boards, company websites, and online newspapers
- Get up-to-date inside contact information, including email addresses, for millions of companies and then save and manage your lists
- Access in-depth information about prospective employers
- Upload, copy, and paste as many targeted resumes and cover letters as needed
- Create unlimited email campaigns with your saved contacts, resumes, and cover letters
- Set reminders and keep notes in an automatic job search calendar
To get started with CareerShift, log in and create an account.
About Parker Dewey
Another new tool, Parker Dewey, creates a new opportunity for our students to take part in short-term, professional, paid work experiences through Micro-Internships.
Through Micro-Internships, you can demonstrate their skills, explore career paths, and develop their professional networks. Unlike a traditional internship, these paid opportunities typically range from 5 to 40 hours of work, and many can be completed remotely.
Not only does this help the companies, but it allows you to provide immediate support on tasks and network with alumni and professionals. In addition, by engaging these companies earlier, you can help enhance your work experience for future internships and career options.
Best of all, micro-internships provide BU alumni in the world of work with an opportunity to give current students real-world experiences!
To get started with Parker Dewey, log in here.
We hope that both CareerShift and Parker Dewey provide you with new tools to aid in accomplishing your career goals.